Monday, April 24, 2006

Bad Start to the Day

Is there any worse start to a day then walking out of your house and just missing the bus, not once, not twice, but three times?

Admittedly I was pushing it by trying to make the first one, as the bus usually shows up 3 minutes or so after it leaves Oak Square, and it was a good 7 or 8 minutes past when I walked out the door.

So I went inside, logged into work, and started sending out some emails when I suddenly notice it's a couple of minutes after the bus should show, I grab my bag and dash out the door, get halfway down the steps and see the bus is already down under the bridge.

So I go back inside and log back in and run some tests, when again I notice that it's very close to time for the bus to leave, another dash out the door, and this time I get all the way to the bottom of our steps and I notice the bus at the corner (about 20 feet away from me). I wave my hand as I start to run towards it, but the bus driver wasn't looking and it took off down the street.

Luckily for me I watched the clock alot closer and was able to get out there in time for the bus the fourth time.

While on the bus, I saw one of the regulars get on the bus. Now this kid is a "cool" kid, always with the sunglasses on, the leather jacket, and the 100% slicked hair. I mean Pat Riley slicked. You could use this hair to stop bullets kinda of hard. Now this morning, this kid must have been running late too, because there was a HUGE gob of hair gel in one section of his hair. I mean "Something About Mary" hairgel kinda of incident. So much so that my mind immediately flashes with the thought to say something completely inappropriate like "Running late because you had to service a guy this morning huh?", but wisely I refrain. Now, this guy gets on 4 stops after me, and there's another 20 minutes or so of bus ride left until we get to Central Square. So I'm sitting there for 20 minutes wondering, what's the proper protocol for a situation like this. This guy and I have ridden the bus together semi-regularly for like 3 months, but in that time we've never talked, heck we've never even exchanged the typical man grunt, and imperceptable head nod greeting. So it's not like I can be like "um dude, you got a gob of gel in your hair". But at the same time this guy is gonna be hella embarrassed when he tries to mack of some hottie at school, and she laughs at him. Ultimately I decided the best course of action was inaction, mainly because I hate talking to people, and I figured it was a small form of justice for all the nerds to let the "cool" kid get knocked down a peg.

No comments: