Thursday, June 01, 2006

Turning into an old man

I really am turning into an old man. Now I'm sending angry letters to the editor, like this one:

What is with this article:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/politics/candidates/articles/2006/06/01/patrick_could_pitch_shutout/

I read the Globe because it's always been a paper that has high standards and excellent writing. This article is the worst writing I've ever seen in any paper in my life, let alone a paper that is supposed to be as high quality as the Globe.

If any 5th grader had handed this in as an essay they would have failed. I actually feel stupider having read this crap passed off as an article.

This article is even worse than the most amatuerish of blogs. The Globe should be ashamed to have published this article, and the writer should give back whatever he was paid to write this article.

If this is the direction that the Globe is going, then I will be cancelling my subscription.

No comments: